Monday, June 7, 2010

MTC Letter #7

From: Amanda Gibbons Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2010 1:53 PM To: Bonnie Gibbons Subject: Re: P day Hey all you wonderful people! Ok so I love being out here more and more each day! We have a "progressive investigator", or someone interested in the gospel that we are teaching in the T.E.C. His name is Hugo and He is just so excited to learn more about the gospel. We are teaching him in spanish only!! so incredible! I love it! I am so amazed at the progress I have made here. I mean i'm probably only at maybe a 2nd grade level, maybe, but thats pretty darn good compared to kindergardeners no? Ha We had the most awesome meeting on Sunday for our mission conference! The speakers were so awesome! One sister talked about never loosing sight of the "vision" or of the purpose. She related the story to a women who wanted to be ther first women to swim from somewhere to somewhere (i don't remember), and when she was 15 hours into the swim she made them get her out of the water. She was only less than 1 mile away from her final destination. She reported that it was fatigue or the cold water that stopped her, but it was the fog. She could no longer see where she was supposed to end up and forgot her final goal. Man how many times do we let things get in the way, turn into the "fog", and not allow us to end up with the goal we started with! Don't let things distract you from the gospel and the eternal blessing it has in return for us. Its crazy how wrapped up we get in the world and the things the world says is good. Remember the Lords way is the best and I promise it is always the easiest path to travel. Another topic was patience! That is definately something we all need to work on! Just remember the Lord has a plan for each of us and He has his own time, because that is what is best for our lives! And my personal favorite talk was about testimonies! The quote i loved was "You can never keep a testimony, unless you have to answer for it or share it with others." So true, the times i've felt my testimony grow the most has been in bearing it to others, my family, my friends and random people who have asked me about being a member of Jesus Christ's church. Remember that you are children of God, that everyone around you is your brother or sister. We are working on Charity this week, and I'd like to give you the same challenge that we have. Look and act upon 5 acts of Charity each day. Then write down what happened and how it made you feel! I promise that it will help you see others the way God sees them. I love all of you. Thank you for your support and your prayers. They are much needed! I am working hard everyday and trying to be the best missionary I can be. I'm striving to be like the three 18 year old boys who rescued the Martin hand cart company from having to walk across the river with huge frozen chunks of ice. They willingly carried each person across the water in order for them to get to the placed the Lord asked them to go. Because of the bitter cold, the affect on these boys bodies was so great, that each died in later years because of it. I want to be like them. To go out and help guide my brothers and sisters back to Christ. I will give my all no matter how hard it may be. Keep being the amazing people i know you are, love, Hermana Gibbons
Posted by: Bonnie Gibbons
Date: March 21, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment