Monday, June 7, 2010

MTC Letter #4

From: Amanda Gibbons Sent: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 Subject: Another letter From ME! MTC! Hey all you folks back home!!! So i've almost been here for 3 weeks! Crazy! The time goes by so fast!!! Everyday is a busy one but I love it! Lots of hard work, but everytime I get on my knees to pray, I feel the love of my savior and the strength of the spirit! We had a meeting on Baptism. It was so awesome! It really got me excited to find those people ready for baptism! One thing thats sad, and I was guilty of this too, is that members tend to look down on baptism, like a missionary is all cocky if they talk about all the baptism's. But that is what we are supposed to be doing! Ballard said "You missionaries are to teach and Baptize a harvest of souls! No one can be saved without baptism, it is the gateway to the path of eternal life." The question was asked, if missionaries are baptising, why are we sending them out? Wow, its true though, our church is the only one with the correct authority here on this earth. Baptism is not the only thing I do as a missionary, but that talk has definately made me see it in a different light! So I had a meeting with a man from the Argentine Counsel. The lady told us that we would all have to meet him one-on-one and He has been known to reject people. So i went into this meeting pretty scared! But it turned out, He just talked about his country, the different sights to see and the food to try (and what not to put on Asado, no ketchup (sp)) Ha he was really funny and kept calling on my because I was the only Hermana in the meeting! I got super excited, remembering that I get to go there and meet the wonderful people of that country! So I don't know if I said this last week, but there are 16 elders (including Bro. LeSuer from gilbert, and Bro. Cowley, my 3rd cousin!) going to Rosario with me! They are awesome elders and have helped me a ton already! Ha whenever they see me they so "Hey herMAMA!" Oh the jokes of missionaries! I love my district, I got to teach a lesson for sunday school and we talked about Christ's ministry on the earth. I had them each read a different miracle or act Christ performed on this earth, and then had them explain what it meant to them. It's amazing to hear the words of your peers! I challenge all of you to bear your testimony at least twice this week! You'll be amazed at how much it effects (affects??) you. Also I know that the MTC gets rough, but just like Moses, Abraham, and even Christ himself, went away for a time to prepare to teach His people. To be purified and to know what the Lord wanted from them! I'm here to prepare, to make myself into the tool the Lord wants me to be! I love all of you so much! I love hearing from you, so if you want get the MTC address from my mom, or dearelder.com! Seriously, thank you for all the support! Love Hermana GIbbons!
Posted by: Bonnie Gibbons
Date: February 17, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment