Monday, June 7, 2010

Argentina - Santa Elena Letter #17

From: Amanda Gibbons
Sent: Monday, May 31, 2010 8:03 AM
To: Bonnie Gibbons; Vince Gibbons
Subject: weekly goodies from Argentina!

Hey Family and Friends!

What a wonderful week, full of water! No seriously, it rained a ton AND we had 2 baptisms this weekend! Betty and Salustiano! They are so amazing. This couple has been investigating this church since January and Hma. Redfern dropped them a while back. A member was prompted to tell us we should go stop by and they happily invited us into their home. They are amazing and bore such sweet and simple testimonies at their baptism. Betty asked us, why do people always testify that they know that this is the true church. She came up to me after she bore testimony of the same thing and said, I understand now, I feel it in my soul and my heart!

I too want to say that I know without a doubt that this is the true church. It is the same church that Jesus himself established. We have that same authority to baptize and to be sealed to our families for time and all eternity. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the only church with this priesthood authority. I know that God loves us and worries about us. We can pray to him always! And HE WILL answer, so ask him for guidance!

I was reading in mosiah, about baptism because we wanted to explain the covenant we make with our Heavenly Father. I don´t know if we as members realize how profound of a covenant it is!

Mosiah 18:13

And when he had said these words, the aSpirit of the Lord was upon him, and he said: Helam, I baptize thee, having bauthority from the Almighty God, as a testimony that ye have entered into a ccovenant to serve him until you are dead as to the mortal body; and may the Spirit of the Lord be poured out upon you; and may he grant unto you eternal life, through the redemption of Christ, whom he has prepared from the dfoundation of the world.

Serve him until you are dead! And then you will receive such amazing blessings! I know that you are all busy, but remember that God is more important. I ask you to reflect on your baptisimal covenant this week and then let the spirit speak to you when you renew your covenant when partaking of the bread and water.

I love you all and thank you for your prayers!

God be with you til we meet again!

Love Hermana Gibbons



No comments:

Post a Comment