Monday, June 7, 2010

Argentina - Santa Elena Letter #14

From: Amanda Gibbons
Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2010 12:58 PM
To: Bonnie Gibbons; Vince Gibbons
Subject: Miracles shouldn´t be something unxpected (read in Bible dictionary, Miracles)

Hey all you back home!

Wow so I just got to talk to my family on Sunday. I just wanted to say Happy Mothers day to all you mothers out there! First to my mother who is the greatest example of a women that there could be. She just loves to help others and taught me to be a righteous woman. Mom, thank you for helping an soooo many others in their time of need! I know like 30 people who would love to tell you how grateful they are just for your smile. Georgie and Stephanie what amazing examples you are, keep raising your children in the gospel so that they will become as awesome as you are! And all the mothers of my friends, I seriously have the greatest friends and I know that it is because of their mothers! You are so amazing. Remember that you as a mother have a divine calling that only you can fulfil. It was said in this conference that the most important mission you will have in this life is raising a family! That’s a big deal!

Ok I told my family this, but we had a miracle happen this week, well we have one almost everyday, but Hugo Narvaez was baptized on Sunday. His wife has been a member for 14 years and he has been through many missionaries. He also doesn´t like to be told what to do, but for some reason he did everything we asked him to do. We seriously taught him everything we could think of (well my comp didJ) and so we asked him to fast, he had a date for baptism already but still said he hadn´t received his firm answer. Wow, if you have never done a real fast before, do it. If you are lacking something in your life or someone else needs help, try a fast. Study what fasting really means. I love what it says in the Bible Dictionary, it’s a way of showing sorrow! To show God that we know we are nothing without him, that we can give up the things of the world and invite the spirit into our hearts. HE WILL HELP YOU! I promise. We had no idea what to say to Hugo Friday morning, but my comp was lead by the spirit to have him hear exactly what he needed to hear! He is so happy and his wife can´t wait to finally have her “happily ever after” and be sealed in the temple for eternity!

I know that this is the true Church of Jesus Christ and that it is the only way for us to have true happiness and joy in this life! Members, wow I never realized how much the missionaries need your help. I was not a very good missionary b-4 this and I promise to be better forever! But it is a commandment that we share this gospel! Not just us missionaries, this is for the members of the church. Alma 6:6, Moroni 6:5, and a million more say it is necessary for us to help others! Remember, there are so many people who don´t know about this gospel and they are hungry!!!! I know that most of you are from mesa and there are a ton of members, but I know you know someone who is in need. I challenge you to pray this week to know who is ready, and the first name that comes to you, bring it to the missionaries. How much more would our church grow if everyone of our members brought a reference this week. Take this seriously, you may have promised to help someone come to the gospel in the Pre-existence.

I love you all and I would love to hear about your experiences with this challenge. My family, come on gibbons girls I know you can do this. Kylee, you have always been an example to me with this! Don´t give up! I love Argentina!

Love ya´ll,

Hermana Gibbons

D-BEV, 2 weeks girl! I am so excited and I am there in spirit! I will be wearing your wedding colors all day! I want pictures! And you are the most amazing best friend I could ever ask for! I´m feel so privledged to be your MOH, even though i´m so far away! I love you girl, I pray for you and your mom everyday! MWAH

TANNER, finish up good on those finals! And give Micol a big graduation hug for me. Oh, how is our friend Brock? I need his address!!! Smooches!

Marsha Turk and Zeina! Girls I just got your letters! I love and miss you so much! Tell everyone and the office that they are amazing and I miss them tons! You can tell john my birthday was in feb, so he should send my VANS to Argentina! J



No comments:

Post a Comment