Tuesday, August 17, 2010


The girl in the middle is my companion, Hermana Dunford from Colorado, the others are the sisters living with me! They are awesome!


A son of one of my converts, Orlando, he became like a brother to me and gave me that ac/dc shirt! haha






---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Amanda Gibbons
Date: Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 8:35 AM
Subject: Weekly Goodies
To: Bonnie Gibbons , Vince Gibbons



Ok so i don't have much time, but it was a great week! We had Zone conference and they taught us a new way to teach. We are to tell them our purpose in the first few min that we talk to them. We are here to help them prepare to be baptized in the true church of Jesus Christ! We are to ask them, before we teach them anything if they want to follow their savior and be baptized! So i was a little nervous about it, but it just makes so much sense! That is why i am here, to help them come unto Christ, to follow his footsteps and the only way that they can enter into the kingdom of God, is through baptism and then of course enduring to the end!



We have not been welcomed into many homes this week, but we taught an amazing women, Terecita. Her dad listened to the missionaries and was baptized over 40 years ago. But she is wonderful and taught us how she feels the spirit in her life and how it has guided her! I know that heavenly father put her in our path, there are so many houses here, its like New York, but dirtier and they don't have very good pizza Some places you can't tell if they are homes or buisnesses, so you just knock/push the intercoms and talk to people! We have to have a lot of patience and ya i am out knocking and contacting way more than I am teaching. I miss teaching, but I know that as i work hard and talk to EVERYONE, even if i feel like I'm just being annoying, that the Lord will bless me to find those that are ready! I know there are hundreds and hundreds of people here that still need to hear the word of the lord!



I have been learning a lot about the preisthood, in conference talks and in church. My brothers who hold this power, please continue to be worthy of it. You hold the same keys and powers that Jesus himself had on the earth. You have the responsibility to serve and love your brothers and sisters. I love knowing that this power is in my life. That through it, we can return to our father in heaven. We can recieve blessing and make covenants on this earth. Without it, i could not be with my family forever, and then that means there would be no hope in this life. Brothers, you are the hope in this world, you are the anchor that keeps us connected to our father in Heaven. Learn more of your duties and try to do all you can to fulfill them! I love you all and i pray that the lord keeps you safe!



Keep the faith, its what gives you strength!



Hermana Gibbons






No comments:

Post a Comment