Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Argentina - Santa Elena Letter #25

This was the next bit of info and I estimate about 10 days or so after the onset of her pain/injury...

From: Amanda Gibbons
Sent: Monday, July 26, 2010 10:19 AM
To: Bonnie Gibbons
Subject: Re: Worried!


Hey mom!
Ok ya i hurt my hip/back, but with my hip and back out of place, i guess i was overcompensating when i walk. My foot is swollen a bit and my back didn't hurt until i went to the physical therapist and he worked on me. I can now feel it throughout my whole back and my hips. I don't know if my shoes are the problem, but i am wearing my tennis shoes right now because i can't fit my foot into my shoes. The shoes have ok support on the bottom,I have orthotics but not for the top of my foot. We don't have time to go buy shoes, we have to leave in an hour for the collectivo to go back to santa elena. Mom i could't talk to the doctor very well, its really hard to explain in spanish.
My pain level depends on what i'm doing. But the thing is if i sit for a long time i can feel it, if i walk for a long time i can feel it, and every morning i feel it. Theres nothing really i can do. We went to the doctor here in Rosario and I've gone two times already to do physical therapy and what i wouldn't give to have Scott (Mandy's boss and physical therapist at Rehab AZ) work on me again. I just feel like i'm going to have this pain for the rest of my life because they can't find anything new.

I haven't been out a lot, but i don't know i hurt just the same. I hurt worse today then i have in a long time, i think its from traveling. I don't know i think i'll be fine...love you.

From: Amanda Gibbons
Sent: Monday, July 26, 2010 10:35 AM
To: Bonnie Gibbons
Subject: i am ok!

Hey just trying to get a hold of you! Hope you are doing ok! I miss you tons and wanted you to by my side so many times. I don't feel like a missionary right now. i haven't worked for over a week, just a few visits here and there. i'm really down and really trunky. I don't like to feel this way, i want to be happy like I was. 1 year now feels like forever away, I've never felt this before. I love you mommy and please pray that i will have the strength to go on. Not only in my body but in my spirit. I want to do this work and i don't want to go home. But wow, how satan can work on an idle mind. I'm sorry i don't have very much to say because i just feel down and i don't want to do anything. We are going to travel back to Santa Elena today, so ya. Anyways i don't have much time on the computer. But, i love you please pray for me!
Love your daughter
Hermana Gibbons

No comments:

Post a Comment