Thursday, August 12, 2010

Argentina - Rosario #28

From Amanda Gibbons

Date Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 8:54 AM

Subject Good times, great oldies....

signed-by ldschurch.org

Hey Family!!!

So I am in the big city now! It’s way different then my small town of Santa Elena! There we had people to teach every minute of the day, and we got most of our contacts just talking to people on the street, or they were sitting outside enjoying their mate and the sun. Here, we knock doors, go from one door to the next. But most people won’t even open their doors, they yell through asking us who we are, or they have an intercom thing that we talk through! I haven’t seen the faces of most the people we have talked to. It’s pretty weird and hard to help them feel the spirit when I can’t show them how much I care, just have to try to share through my voice. But I know that there are people here ready to hear the gospel. I felt really impressed that we were to find 3 people that would be ready this month. Please pray that we can find and teach these brethren of ours, so they to can have the joy that we have! My apartment is pretty cool, its on the 6th floor and its pretty big, we just have cockroaches. Don’t worry mom we are getting that all fixed up this week. We also can go out on the roof, so now I’m going to go up there and workout. Ha we did that Saturday and I felt like Rocky.

So I love my comp and the girls I live with! They are crazy and so hilarious! We work hard and in turn we have a ton of fun! Hermana Dunford is from Colorado and she loves to play sports, shes way chill, and makes me laugh all day! She also has a desire to work and do the will of the Lord.

So I have a new nephew!!!! How amazing! He looks so beautiful! Thank you for all of you that prayed that everything would turn out all right! What a wonderful thing to see, in this world of so much bad, here comes a perfect new baby, straight from the presence of our Lord. You can see why so many times the Lord tells us we need to become like little children. Innocent, meek, close to our savior, living in this world, but being separated from it. Moroni 8:17,

17 And I am filled with acharity, which is everlasting love; wherefore, all children are alike unto me; wherefore, I love little children with a perfect love; and they are all alike and bpartakers of salvation. If we want to be partakers of salvation, we must become like children. I know we would love that to mean we don’t have to work or worry about finances or things like that, but ya we know that is part of life! But it means to be humble, I’ve realized that its really hard to be humble. I feel like everyday I try, I find another way that I wasn’t being humble. It is truly a gift from God.

Sorry this is all over the place, but I know that I am in the service of the Lord. I know that we have challenges (like my back, which still hurts, but I can live with it) and things happen that we can’t explain. But if we always remember what the Savior did for us, nothing will seem too hard. He suffered through the ultimate trial, so that we don’t have to! Yes, we will be tried and tested, but we can learn and grow during these times, and we can also be happy! And we can receive strength, even when we feel that we can not go on, just like Nephi did.

1 Nephi 15

5 And it came to pass that I was overcome because of my afflictions, for I considered that mine aafflictions were great above all, because of the bdestruction of my people, for I had beheld their fall.

6 And it came to pass that after I had received astrength I spake unto my brethren, desiring to know of them the cause of their disputations.

Never forget who you are or whose side you are on, then you will never have to worry about the outcome, cause you know it’ll be good! I love you all and I love hearing from you! Thanks for your prayers!

Love Hermana Gibbons

No comments:

Post a Comment