Friday, October 29, 2010

Argentina - Pergamino, Centenario #36

Smooch! (for mom!)
All of the Elders here were in the MTC with Mandy
An investigator painted this picture for Mandy in memory of Kyle Mathews (Fish)she has carried his scriptures with her on her mission, while he serves his mission on the other side of the veil

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Amanda Gibbons
Date: Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 10:29 AM
Subject: I GOT TRANSFERED!
To: Bonnie Gibbons


Hey everyone!
So they did transfers really weird this week! For some reason they waited until Thursday to tell us anything. We spent that morning planning, because none of us 4 Hermana's in Pergamino thought we were going to leave. Both companionship's just did a whitewash and it was a short one of only 5 weeks. When they called and said I was leaving, I did not believe them, I really thought they were joking. I was honestly really bummed at first; I cried and screamed a little :) I really loved that area and we just started to have some really good progress with our investigators and some members. I felt that I did my best there, the bishop there said, "I'm going to call your mission president and tell him you can't go. Why does he always take out the good missionaries?" I know the work will go on without me and that area will still be blessed with great things. Hna. Villarreal is really amazing.
Ok ok, so I bet you're all asking, where am I know....well I am back in good old Rosario, in a cute town called Funes and Roldán. Ya I have 2 areas! The towns are built along the highway, so they're not very deep in, but they are both really long towns! It is beautiful here, this is a place for people to get away or come on vacation. It’s honestly really beautiful and I really like the ward already! We had an investigator come this Sunday that the elders had been teaching and she wants to get baptized! Well we are going to talk with her and see how she is doing and either will have a baptism this weekend, but more likely for the next weekend! Oh ya, my comp is really awesome, Hna. Nalerio. She is from Uruguay, but was born in Italy! She's really amazing and has a great desire to work. She's way friendly and even a little crazier than me at times! I am excited to work with her. She has been training since her 3 transfer, so I am her first comp to work with her that has had experience in the mission.
So like I said I was pretty bummed at first and also I was kind of scared. I am doing another WHITEWASH in this area and it is really big! And there is not that many things left over from other companionships. So we got our work cut out for us! I got a little fearful and prayed that God would calm my heart. I started my personal study and lo and behold, right in the scriptures was my answer!
9 Believe in a God...; believe that he has all wisdom, and all power...
believe that man doth not comprehend all the things which the Lord can comprehend.
10 And again, believe that ye must repent of your sins and forsake them, and humble yourselves before God; and ask in sincerity of heart that he would forgive you;
and now, if you believe all these things see that ye do them.

I don't know why I was sent to this area, and I don't know why the Lord trusts me and my comp to help this church grow, but I do believe in God and I know that he lives and he really really does love me! I know that I need to humble myself and ask him to forgive me for my thoughts and all of my weaknesses. I do believe that this is the true Gospel of Jesus Christ, so I will do all these things. I love you all so much, we are so lucky to be in the truth! Don't ever forget who you are...a Child of God. I don't think we really understand that statement....

I am a child of God,
And he has sent me here,
Has given me an earthly home
With parents kind and dear
I am a child of God,
And so my needs are great;
Help me to understand his words
Before it grows too late
I am a child of God.
Rich blessings are in store;
If I but learn to do his will
I'll live with him once more.
I am a child of God,
His promises are sure;
Celestial glory shall be mine
If I can but endure.

I love you all. Please pray that my comp and I will know what to do here to help the area grow, to help others come unto Christ! I love this work and I know when we come to know who we really are, we are happier, we work harder, we receive more blessings, and we want to help others. Really I never realized how important member referrals are to the work. Please help the missionaries in your ward. Whether it be with lunch, going out a working with them, and most importantly, introducing them to your friends. Hey mom and dad, so our neighbors are not members of the church and they have been on my mind...so maybe you could stop by and bring some cookies ;) just a suggestion! Ha I love you all. Work hard, play hard, and pray fervently. God is ALWAYS listening. Keep the faith, if not for yourself, for those who are lost around you.

--

Con amor,
Hermana Gibbons

1 comment:

  1. Loved the pictures. You are such a wonderful missionary. It has been a treat to read your emails every week. Your happiness and enthusiasm are catching. Thanks for your testimony.
    Love you
    Aunt Candace

    ReplyDelete