Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Argentina - Rosario #37

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Amanda Gibbons
Date: Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 7:24 AM
Subject: Hola Arizona!
To: Bonnie Gibbons


Hey everyone!
  Sorry it has been a crazy couple of weeks!  I hope you are all doing well and reading your scriptures!  Seriously, its such a small but crucial thing that we forget to do!  Ok so my poor comp has a really bad neck and back and has had to stay in bed for the mornings and then we go out a work the afternoons, but she also has problems with her liver and the food here makes it worse.  So after lunch we have to come back, she drinks her Boldo (herbal tea) and that takes a good 1 1/2 hours.  So we have not worked a lot this week and it is making me go a little stir crazy!  But Scott Walker and John Davis, if you still read these, i wanted to thank you so much for your instruction and for the stim unit, i have been using my massage skills and the unit to help her get up and going.  It has been a real blessing in my life. 
   We have an awesome investigator who came to church yesterday, Brenda!  She is so adorable and she came to the church when she was a little girl!  She accepted a date to be baptized and we are going to see her on Wednesday!  She has her cute little baby boy and read and prayed about what we taught.
  The challenge with this area, or the thing we need to learn how to do better, is that it is very long and so everything and everyone lives far away!  We have to take the bus everywhere and we have NO money! Álso we do a lot of division with the members which is awesome, but then i don't know half of the people that we are teaching! HEHE!!
  I have really had to rely on the spirit and the love of God to accompany me during this time.  My companion and I have had a TON of ups and downs.  We were able to figure out a few things and it was really good!  Then something else happened and i feel like we can't communicate well.  I feel like there is a wall up again and i don't know how to break through.  Today she said, its ok, we have only 3 weeks left and we can do a ton of divisions.  We don't have to be friends...so for all you returned missionaries and couples out there...do you have any advice for me?  I am trying to be better, i am trying to change things within myself.  I feel like i am prideful, i know it is partly me, but there are things we need to talk about right?
  Well aside from that, we had a really awesome conference this week!  Elder Aidukaitis, from the 70, came and taught us!  Wow he is the silliest, goofiest man ever, yet i left that meeting feeling so edified and wanting to conquer the world!!!  He gave us great advice on how to more effectively invite others to be baptized!  So as missionaries we have people read 3 Nephi 11, when Christ came to the Americas.  The one thing that he pointed out to us was, Christ invited them to be baptized a good 10 times and this was all in the first visit!! hehe!  So, with a little more instruction I am ready to get out and serve the lord and ask those to come unto Christ.  I am supposed to be baptizing (ships are made to sail, planes are made to fly, and missionaries are meant to baptize!)  I know that the lord expects a lot from me and i want to fulfill what He has asked me to do.  I know as we put our faith in Him, we will be blessed, we will be placed in His hands as instruments in the work.  I am so grateful we have our Heavenly Father who is more powerful than anyone or anything. He also is always there, always listening, always ready to bless and help us.  I love you all!  Have a great week,  Keep the faith!


Con amor,
  Hermana Gibbons
Hermana's Dunford y Gibbons

Hermana's Recinos y Gibbons (current companions)

Happy Missionario's

Conference

No comments:

Post a Comment