Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Argentina - Rosario #38

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Amanda Gibbons
Date: Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 7:45 AM
Subject: HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Are you serious!!!!
  I can't believe Thanksgiving is already this week!  What a wonderful time of the year!  Sorry family i am not there to help put up the Christmas lights the day after we eat everything!!!  But I sure hope you guys have fun putting up those decorations.  Its funny how ya sometimes we didn't want to do it b/c it took a long time, but man how you'll want to do it one day when you can't!  But no worries, my companion and i already have plans for a little tree and may some lights!  It'll be really cute!
  So ya me and my comp have had our differences, but she really is awesome and i do love her.  We may not see eye to eye on a few things, but we have talked, we are friends and we will work!  I know the lord is teaching me to be humble and to love everyone, no matter what may happen.  I am grateful for the challenges He gives me in my life (speaking of Thanksgiving).  If He didn't love me, i wouldn't be going through these experiences, I would stay the same person I was yesterday, what a sad thing that would be.  I know that I am far from perfect, but I also know that the Lord has helped me change, has helped me see a little more clearly just what is important in this life.  For any of you that I have ever offended, neglected to help or to listen, I am sorry and wish that I could make it all better.  I hope that the Lord is blessing you all to be better people, to understand your goals in this life.
  So yes, it is important to read the scriptures, go to church, pray, be baptized, have a goal to go to the temple and be sealed for all eternity, but these are all only steps, they are the way that we can have ETERNAL LIFE.  This is our true goal, to keep going everyday until we get there.  The 24th of this month 5 years ago, I lost a very dear friend, Kyle Mathews.  I loved him and he was a great friend.  His family, they are my family as well.  His little bother Brock is serving a mission in England right now and i proudly have a picture of him knocking on doors and lovingly standing with a family he helped bring into the gospel.  Now you may ask, why is she saying this.  Well i have seen this family change immensely, I have seen them have more love and more patience in their home.  They have refocused their sight on this Eternal Life, they are working towards being sealed in the temple so that they can be with Kyle forever, so that I can give my friend a hug again and tell him how grateful I am for his love and the love from his family.  The important part for this family, is to fight everyday to be better, to find joy in serving others and in that, feeling the love of their Savior.  I am so grateful for my Savior, for His sacrifice, His love, His example, His loving arms that are always extended to take us in, His mercy, and the gift of Eternal life He gave to all, if only we follow His commandments.
  I understand a little more each day, what exactly the Savior did for me and for you.  No matter what you've done, no matter how you feel, and no matter how deep you may be in that hole you dug yourself into, the Savior is there to drop down that ladder, so you can climb out.  I promise, you can feel that relief, that love, that hope.  Don't doubt it because that would be denying what the Savior has already given us.  Take a moment to look at your life, your goals...are you doing this only to live or are you doing these things to help your family, others around you, and to ensure that you will live with God in that eternal paradise, along with your family?  I sure hope so, i want all of us to be together, laughing about old times in this beautiful place that is ALREADY prepared for us.  I love you, I love Kyle and the Fish family (you have no idea what you guys have done for me), I love my family!  Wow i have an amazing family!  I hope you have the best Thanksgiving ever!  Eat some turkey for me :)
  Keep the faith and your sight on the end goal!!!
--
Con amor,
  Hermana Gibbons
Hermana's

The streets of Rosario, Hermana's Gibbons y Dunford

So Happy!

Hermana's Gibbons y Dunford & a family they are teaching.

Hermana's Gibbons y Recinos

1 comment:

  1. I love you Mandy! Love the pictures and your letters. Thanks! I miss you, but seriously, I've learn to love you even more through your letters and seeing into your Spirit. I am so proud to be your Aunt and see the amazing testimony that you have. You have truely blessed me and my family.

    ReplyDelete