Thursday, October 7, 2010

Argentina - Pergamino, Centenario #35

…Just do what they said in conference! The best advice won't come from me but from our leaders as well as personal revelation. Don't ever underestimate the power of the spirit in your life or the power of personal revelation! That’s what got me here! That’s why we choose to serve missions and why we are members of the church! … without this power none of us would be members, none of us would be able to feel the Saviors love in our lives, none of us would feel the sweet forgiveness that comes through the atonement! I was talking with Hermana Recinos today about all the things we are so grateful for especially for the atonement. We both said we have felt these sweet effects and for this we want others to feel it as well. She said it was only when I tried to change, when I made the step and put ALL of my faith in the Lord, was when I really felt of his love, when I felt free and full. (You can share this with everyone I guess I don't have much time!) Just like all of the talks were about, we need to be aware of what we are doing everyday, Satan is very clever and he can take you down without you even noticing it. You could be enjoying the time actually and not realize you are in something bad until you are so wrapped up in it, it is hard to escape.
Stop watching the TV shows that have just a little bit of crap in them. I was so hooked on the show bones...which now I look back and see how each episode they added just a little bit of crap, so you were hooked and just let the bad stuff go. Be a party pooper if you must. Who cares what the world says …Don't be afraid to be GOOD! The evil will always scoff at the good. Even me as a member, I used to make fun of some of my friends for the things they wouldn't do, and now I look back and I see that they were in the right and just trying to be a light in this dark world. Look at your life and see what little thing that might be holding you back from growing spiritually. I know you could feel and see the spirit that these brethren and sisters have, I know I want to have the peace and joy that they have, the security that they will be ok in the last days, the security in their Savior that he will always have their back. I love you all and we/I need you by my side in this fight against Satan! Don't scoff at those being good, support them and try to be better yourself! I want you all to be so happy and feel so loved. You CAN feel peace and have the spirit as your guide everyday in this crazy life.
I love you and pray for you all the time! Thank you for your prayers! Keep the faith.
Love Hermana Gibbons

To read or listen to conference talks click on or cut & paste: http://lds.org/conference/sessions/display/0,5239,23-1-1298,00.html

No comments:

Post a Comment