Monday, June 27, 2011

Argentina - Entre Rios #61

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Amanda Gibbons
Date: Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 12:56 PM
Subject: Argentina
To: Bonnie Gibbons <bonnie.gibbons@cox.net>
So I really can't believe I am writing my last letter home, it doesn't feel like it.  This feels like what normal life is, what I should be doing, that there is no other style of living.  I love this, I love people staring at me wondering what is this tall blonde girl doing here?  She speaks so funny.  I love having little kids run to me with open arms, knowing that I will show them love or give them some candy.  I love the look on people’s faces when I share the story of Joseph smith, the Plan of Salvation or just answer a question that they have always had. 

  I don't know why God sends us...weak little punks who still don't know what we want in our lives...to teach His kids.  He trusts us, even though we make mistakes and sometimes don't do all that we should.  This work moves on and we are part of it.  It’s kind of cool, I like learning about the blacks right movement, I always thought if I lived back in that time, I would be walking right alongside with my black brothers and sisters.  I would not allow people to treat them the way they did just because of skin color.  I would have loved to have been part of something so big and something that changed history......but LOOK, I am, along with all the other missionaries and members too!!!  We are in a movement WAY BIGGER and a movement that lasts for the eternities.  It’s cool to think, all the missionaries (like Elder Mathews, Rogers, Birtcher, Sister Whipple (I think she's home) are all walking alongside our brothers and sisters to help them fight off Satan and his ways of getting into our minds and our homes.  It's pretty cool. we look at that number increase in members for the year...and in some way we've helped a little with that...maybe just a little...but we made a difference.  I love knowing that even though I will be in my house and I will not be doing this full time anymore, that I can still be a part of the movement.  This is one that will never end, never get old and always has new challenges, believe me!!!!!  haha

   Well I hope you all have a wonderful week, thank you for all of your support throughout my mission and for being there for my family!  I love you all and I can't wait to personally thank you for your kindness and prayers.  As always...keep the faith

--
Con amor,
  Hermana Gibbons


No comments:

Post a Comment