Sunday, June 26, 2011

Argentina - Entre Rios #59

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Amanda Gibbons
Date: Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 9:37 AM
Subject: goodies
To: Bonnie Gibbons <bonnie.gibbons@cox.net>


Hey all you friends back home!
  Wow, I don't know why Heavenly Father keeps making miracles happen.  Yesterday after church, we went to stop by a contact we had, that said the only time they are in their house is medio día...oh sorry..middle of the day, on Sunday, so before we went home to eat, we went to find them, ya it wasn't their house, but this girl came out and I decided to contact her and then come back another day.  She seemed really uninterested, but I kept talking, I asked her about her son and she went in to go bring him out to us.  He is adorable!!!  I took a moment, asked God to help me say something to help her (usually I just talk...so bad), I started saying something about how our message will help her become a better mother and wife.  Her face change, and she asked us to come in before we could even ask.  We met her boyfriend and we started to talk to them about the importance of having God in our relationships...They are so amazing, they talk about everything, they are very united and they do everything for their son. They live in a teeny tiny house and he works a ton, but they make it by.  There were tears and I could feel the spirit so strong. I felt the spirit confirm the words I was speaking; I felt that they both were touched.  They (Gonzalo and Vanessa) are excited to read and to pray!

   I know that God always has a reason for things. We were lied to, about where this other couple lives, but it took us to another couple that was prepared to hear our message!  So when things don't go the way you planned, try and find guidance from God, because you never know what could happen.  Ok so maybe you’re thinking...right Gibbons, that only happens in the mission...no, you can have this guidance every day, every minute.  WE are so blessed to have someone that is with us always to give us the answers, we are just too stubborn or too "busy" to listen.  I read a talk the other day and there was a story about José Smith, he was talking to a reporter and he was asked...”What is the difference between your church and all the others?"  He simply replied, we have the gift of the Holy Ghost.  Don't take this gift lightly, we are given the "Mercedes Benz" type of gift in this world and we sometimes treat it as though it were a broken down, rusty "Geo" (sound familiar family?? hehe) 
  I love you all, try to be guided by the spirit!  Try to be a little better every day!  Remember all the good things in this life aren't easy to have...you got to work a little! hehe!  Keep the Faith my friends!
 --
Con amor,
  Hermana Gibbons

No comments:

Post a Comment