Sunday, June 26, 2011

Argentina - Entre Rios #60

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Amanda Gibbons
Date: Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 1:44 PM
Subject: goodies!!!!!!!!!
To: Bonnie Gibbons <bonnie.gibbons@cox.net>, Vince Gibbons <vinceg@tri-core.com>
Ok, so I have really enjoyed reading the talks from this last conference!  It is so amazing! I love the one

More Than Conquerors through Him That Loved Us

Wow what a powerful talk!  So incredible! he says some of the most amazing things about trials...man I know we have trials but they are so important...because if everything was easy we would never grow...we need to grow...that’s the whole reason we are here!  To grow, to gain experience, to be better than we were before...to become like Gods and receive everything that he has.

"I doubt many of us would label our afflictions light. Yet in comparison to the blessings and growth we ultimately receive, both in this life and in eternity, our afflictions truly are light.
We don’t seek out tests, trials, and tribulations. Our personal journey through life will provide just the right amount for our needs. Many trials are just a natural part of our mortal existence, but they play such an important role in our progress."
Sometimes we want to have growth without challenges and to develop strength without any struggle. But growth cannot come by taking the easy way. We clearly understand that an athlete who resists rigorous training will never become a world-class athlete. We must be careful that we don’t resent the very things that help us put on the divine nature."

 It would be so great if I could just enter into a house, ask people to get baptized, they say yes and boom bam bang, they get soaked, get the gift and then live perfect lives....haha ya no it’s not that easy. Plus I’m pretty sure I wouldn't love the people as much as I do. 
  Dayana and Dario, are not getting married this weekend, Dario had an accident in work and now he can't get married,  I’m way bummed, but we are seeing if it is possible for next week!  Pray that it can happen, if not they will be members soon! I know it!
I feel that sometimes we forget how blessed we are to have trials...but more than that to have the help and the love of a God, someone who is more powerful than all the things in this world!  I feel that I am an imperfect daughter of God, and for that reason He sends me hard times...I know I have nothing on Joseph Smith or the early pioneers or even our Savior Jesus Christ, but man life is hard.  Life throws things at you when you least expect it.  BUT we don't have to let it take us down...we can choose to push through it...climb that really steep mountain to be able to see that sunrise over the city!  Practice for hours and hours to play that one championship game and put your all into it!  Invite someone to dinner, share how the gospel has changed your life and then a few years later see them in the gospel with the joy that you have.   Loose a family member or friend, that helps you better understand the plan of salvation.
  Never give up or give in to the bad thoughts that Satan puts into your mind.  You can do it, with God’s help you can do it!  I love you all! Have a wonderful week!  Keep the faith!

 
Con amor,
  Hermana Gibbons

No comments:

Post a Comment