Monday, March 28, 2011

Argentina - Mission Home in Rosario #51



---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Amanda Gibbons
Date: Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 9:25 AM
Subject: everyone
To: Bonnie Gibbons
Wow,
 Hey everyone, crazy, crazy week!  So I helped a girl come out of a seizure and have been in and out of the hospital and private practices for like a good week!  I am in the mission home and have been here since Friday with her.  It's kind of a bummer, because I am not with my comp, I haven't been able to work in my area and I missed the baptism of Roque y Dora.  It's not fun to be stuck in the pench (I think this means apartment) or to be hurt and not be able to do anything about it.  I feel really sad for the Hermana because she just started about a month ago and she has never had problems like this before.  WE went to the doctor today, but we still have to go to a neurologist to see exactly what happened.
   So now I get to see how the offices work, crazy as all the other elders! Haha.  We were able to go to a district meeting with them and ya started out all crazy like, but then we got done to business and we talked about prayer.  The elder gave us a question to think about...
  
           Have you ever had a specific prayer, in which you experienced a CONVERSATION with your Heavenly Father when He talks with you directly????
   Would you like to have an experience like that?

  Man that hit me hard, I have experienced that, but very few.  Then I realized.  I am out all day teaching people to pray...to TALK to their Heavenly Father.  Have you have been in a conversation, where the other person just keeps talking even when you have something to say...something that you think would help them out.  It feels horrible, I just want to hit people sometimes! haha, well, I know that we do that a lot when we talk to God...we just say a list of things we are grateful for and what we need, with feeling and with love, but the part we forget is to listen...Ask a question, wait...He WILL answer you...Then you continue on talking!  I have such a hard time doing this!  I have such a habit to tell him everything but not wait for him to tell me anything.  Yes, I am fulfilling the commandment to pray, but I could be getting so much more out of it!  I challenge you all to try and talk to your Father in Heaven.  Prayer is soooo insurmountably important.  It’s the only way we have to talk to our Father.
  I love you all and I hope you have a great week and you have the opportunity to hear your father’s voice!  Keep the faith
--
Con amor,
  Hermana Gibbons

No comments:

Post a Comment