Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Argentina - Rafaela #44

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Amanda Gibbons
Date: Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 11:43 AM
Subject: rapido!
To: Bonnie Gibbons


Wow, so I had so much fun writing my mom this week that I don't have much time to write a letter!  I love my new area, its way beautiful!  It’s basically like I have come to open an area, but there is a branch here and they are pretty strong!  My mission leader is a professional soccer player and is so gung-ho for the work, he was the first one to be baptized in his family and he and his wife both served missions!  My comp is awesome Hna. Mitchell and she does not speak Spanish....basically nothing, but she is awesome and we work really well together!  She is from Utah and likes the ninja turtles too! Hehe, we've got a lot in common and we can't wait to see whets going to happen here in Rafaela!  The members are awesome and just want to help us out, it’s crazy there are 4 hermanas in one branch!  Our apartment isn’t bad, back to a bucket shower, no a/c, bunk beds, kitchen, some bugs (not as bad as others)!  (I asked Mandy/Hermana Gibbons how her Spanish is coming, she replied,)  my Spanish still needs work, but man I just pray I can always understand what they are saying!  Sometimes I am worried I don't exactly get what they want to say!  So glad for the spirit!

   The other sisters are going to have a baptism on Tuesday and today we get to go visit a friend of a member!  She is coming with us!  I am really excited!  I love this gospel and I sometimes don't understand why God trusts me with some things, but we just got to get out and work!  I love you all and I hope you are helping out the missionaries in your ward!  It’s hard to be away from home and not know anyone!  I love you all!  Keep the faith!

--
Con amor,
  Hermana Gibbons

No comments:

Post a Comment