Friday, December 24, 2010

Argentina - Entre Rios #40

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Amanda Gibbons
Date: Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 9:02 AM
Subject: Feliz Navidad!
To: Bonnie Gibbons
Look out, its going to be a hot one!!  Well at least here in Argentina it will be! ha!  Man I'm getting darker and blonder everyday.  Why don't we take family pictures when I'm tan mom? hehe By the way, did you all see my family pictures?  Wow, I'm sorry but I've got a good looking family!  I have to say I am very prideful of them!  So anyways, I once again am here to say that I LOVE being a missionary and I can't think of a better gift to give my family or my Savior than to bring someone into the waters of baptism! So Thursday the 23rd Fernando Dure is getting all dressed up in white and will become clean of all his past sins.  (who said I couldn't have a white Christmas in Argentina?)  he is amazing, Fernando has had a really hard a draining life, he turned to drinking to make himself feel better or feel that he could get away for a while from his problems.  He has cleaned up and he LOVES the Book of Mormon.  He always teaches me something new!
   He had me reading in 1 Nephi 11, when Nephi sees the vision his father had!  I never noticed before, but it talks all about Christ and his birth!  Part of the Christmas story in right in this chapter!  I love how the angel explains what the tree means by telling the story of the saviors birth.  Tells of Mary, a virgin pure and lovely how she was waiting for her child to come.  then the angel asks.... 
   Knowest thou the condescension of God?   And I said unto him: I know that he loveth his children; nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things.”
   then the angels shows Christ being born unto the earth, later asking
         “And the angel said unto me: Behold the Lamb of God, yea, even the Son of the Eternal Father!  Knowest thou the meaning of the tree which thy father saw?
                             And I answered him, saying: Yea, it is the love of God, which sheddeth itself abroad in the hearts of the children of men; wherefore, it is the most desirable above all things.”   Like it says in John 3:15, the love of God is demonstrated in the birth of Jesus Christ.  He sent his perfect son to this crazy earth, to suffer and die so we can be saved.  I hope that you realize how important you are to God.  Don't get lost in the things of the world, remember Christ always and that you have a place waiting for you in Gods mansion! 
  Keep  the faith, keep working hard and loving your family!  Never turn away from the church or from God.  That is where you will find peace, joy, comfort...and everything else you are looking for.  I love you all and I hope you have the happiest Christmas ever!
--
Con amor,
  Hermana Gibbons


No comments:

Post a Comment