Thursday, July 15, 2010

Argentina - Santa Elena Letter #23












From: Amanda Gibbons
Sent: Wednesday, July 14, 2010 8:32 AM
Subject: Goodies!

Hey Family,
Ok so I have to tell you the most Amazing experience. So we have been talking with Jorge fariás, he is the Only one in his family of 8 that was not baptized. I think he doesn’t understand how to feel the spirit or exactly when he receives an answer. We asked him if he would Fast with us to receive an answer. He agreed and wrote his purpose for fasting on a piece of paper. We went to his house Saturday to start the Fast off with a prayer together and he agreed to come to church as well. A blessing! he came, because his humble father was called to be 2nd counselor in the ward! Wow, what a perfect calling for him. Then we went to his house to break the Fast and eat lunch. We asked him after how he felt, still he was a little doubtful, like 'I felt good', nothing more. I had no idea what to say, but my heart began to pound so hard and I knew that the spirit was telling me to open my mouth. So I did, and words and thoughts came. I asked him if he trusted his father (they are a really, really close family). Then I said “do you believe that your father has the authority that he says he has, or is your father a liar?” He was a little dumbfounded and said, great question. He thought for a second and said, yes I believe that he has this authority.
I then began to explain that this means that Joseph Smith received this authority, therefore, was a prophet, and this church is the true and only church of Jesus Christ. That we have the authority to baptize which is a commandment you know you need to follow. Right now, you are rejecting Christ, your savior and redeemer. Wow, ya those definitely were not my words! It was so awesome, we pulled out an invitation for his own baptism and he wrote down his fecha(date), 31 de Julio!
I have no doubt that through the power of the spirit our Brothers and sisters can come to know the gospel. I am so grateful that the Lord is using me as an instrument in his hands. I know that only through him I am able to speak to these people boldly and with power. Read D & C 88 :81 and then think about this. You would warn your neighbor of a Fire or if you knew something bad was going to happen. Then why do we have fear to warn them about the salvation of their soul. The life after this life is SO much longer then this life. Do you really want your neighbors and friends to suffer when you Could have saved them?
I love you Brothers and sisters and I hope you are all reading and praying and remembering what truly is important in this life (Alma 37:36) . Thank you for your prayers and for your examples in my life! I love you all.
Love,
Hermana Gibbons

Uncle Marc- I wanted to thank you for your service in the Navy. I was reading in Alma 43:26,30,45-47 and i couldn't help but think of you! Thank you for doing what you can to protect our rights and our religious freedom. I feel so proud to have you as my uncle. Not only did you serve a mission, in my same mission, fighting against Satan, but you are now out fighting against those that would try to destroy our freedom. I love you so much and I hope you are doing so well. I would love to hear how you are doing and I am praying for you!

Tanner-love you and its good to her you are working so hard! I receive dear elder way faster than anything else!

Steph- I miss you and I hope your baby is still doing ok. I pray for you a lot, you have been on my mind. Know that I love you and I'm asking for angels to watch over you!

No comments:

Post a Comment